Online banking with American Bank of the North is very secure. Multiple security measures work together to create a safe environment to view your account information and conduct your business.
With our online banking, we use 128-bit encryption that prevents anyone from deciphering your information as it travels between your computer and the bank.
At American Bank of the North, we employ the latest security tools to protect your data, such as the use of firewalls, which serve as a guard to allow only authorized communication in and out of our network.
We apply the following protection practices:
- IDs must be between 4 and 25 characters, consist of 1 or more letters, numbers or these special characters: & + _ % @ ! $ * ~
- Passwords must be between 8 and 25 characters. Alpha-Numeric-Special: Numbers, letters, special characters are required. The following special characters are allowed: & + _ % @ ! $ * ~
- All customer passwords expire after 180 days
- Session controls automatically log-off after ten minutes of non-use
- Session controls automatically lock a customer's ID and PIN after three failed access attempts
- Prohibition of unencrypted, or clear-text password storage
- User ID and passwords are encrypted during transmission