PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE:
The Director of Information Technology (IT) supervises and controls the development, implementation, and operations of holding-company wide information technology systems and networks, including local, wide, wireless, Internet, and disaster recovery networks (“networks”), telephone and Voice Over IP (VoIP) systems, and all related software programs. Ensures the holding-company wide technology resource systems are operating in a secure and stable manner, and that backup systems are in place for all critical functions. Manages and develops the IT team. Ensures prompt resolution of all IT-related issues. Works with and supports each bank’s Information Security Officer (ISO) to ensure the information assets are secure. Develops and deploys information technology architecture strategies to accommodate current and future organizational needs.
MAJOR AND ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and maintains the networks, ensuring a high level of security and up-time and productive user experiences.
- Manages the day to day operations of IT team; assigns duties; establishes performance standards; conducts performance reviews; coaches and provides training; and provides staffing, training, and development recommendations.
- Provides oversight and administration of the networks including troubleshooting, backups and recovery, administration, security, documentation, and end user support.
- Monitors and resolves issues impacting network performance.
- Leads and implements IT related projects involving IT changes, conversions and upgrades.
- Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the Bank’s networks, and develops project milestones before the start of any project and ensures they are completed on time.
- Coordinates software upgrades, releases and patches.
- Oversees the IT Helpdesk activities and ensures resources are used to resolve issues in a reasonable amount of time based on a documented priority hierarchy.
- Creates, maintains and updates the department’s procedure manual and standards documentation.
- Minimizes the bank's risk exposure by ensuring IT staff compliance with established policies, standards, and procedures, internal controls and legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs annual disaster recovery testing and updates the IT department’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Manages hardware and software inventory and ensures compliance with software license requirements.
- Identifies and mitigates information security risks, and provides relevant training to IT and non-IT staff members as necessary.
- Monitors IT/ISP industry and FFIEC guidance to ensure Bank is operating in accordance with mandated guidance and that the ISO is informed of areas where technical best practices are not being followed or new guidance is emerging.
- Meets with the ISO on a regular basis to report or discuss any information security related concerns or topics.
- Collaborates with the ISO to coordinate IT Department’s regulatory and other audits and examinations and prepares and handles all phases of the department’s audits.
- Develops a response and related timeline for all IT audit or exam report items; presents that plan to the ISO within 2 weeks of the receipt of any audit or exam report; and ensures timely resolution of all audit and exam findings in accordance with that plan.
- Stays abreast of new technologies available in the industry.
- As a key member of the Technology committee, takes an active role in developing and updating a long-term IT strategic plan that anticipates future network needs and identifies proactive solutions to satisfy those needs.
- Provides technical expertise in the assessment of cost, benefit and applicability of IT systems and network initiatives.
- Implements or assists in the implementation of new technology within the bank, including creating training and procedural documentation that relates to the new technology.
- Negotiates IT-related contracts and purchases, manages vendor relationships, and performs appropriate vendor risk assessments.
- Develops and operates within an annual IT department budget, anticipating and discussing variances with the CFO as necessary.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, and works closely with and may take direction from the SVP of Operations / ISO. Also works with all departments and levels of staff within the bank. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with very little ongoing supervision.
Conducts regular meetings with CFO, ISO/SVP of Operations and ISP and Technology Committees. This position has access to highly secure and confidential information, therefore the utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Bachelor's degree in related field with 7+ years of IT experience, or associates degree with 10+ years of IT experience, preferably in banking.
Five years of previous leadership experience as an IT Director to include staff supervision, information security, and project management experience, preferably in banking. Knowledge of and experience with: LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment; Microsoft SQL Server; Microsoft Exchange; Internet Information Services; backup systems; network/workstation peripherals; print servers; firewalls, spam & antivirus hardware/software; computer hardware (replacing hard drives, hardware drivers, etc.) Knowledge and experience with various core banking systems and related banking software.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, OR OTHER:
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the others. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May on occasion be required to work longer hours than scheduled.
The ability to work as a team and provide exceptional internal customer service is required. Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identity and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.