PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE:
Install, configure, maintain and support American Bank’s local area network (LAN), Windows Server platform along with multiple domains. Overall Server administrator of all servers including DR site (over 40 servers). Maintain network hardware and software on Servers. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Builds networks/servers and administers the networks/servers. Performs system backups on its internal network servers. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures. Manage Network and assigned duties. Helpdesk: 2nd level of support, direction for 1st Level support. Manage/Implement assigned projects. Server administrator: Verify Servers configuration and changes as needed and monitor Server event logs/errors. Manage all Server OS (Installs, updates)
Assist with PC/equipment repair as needed. Also assists with Helpdesk support.
This job requires the person to work closely with the ITD, IT Dept, Corporate Vice President, Vice President Operations and Data Center Staff.
MAJOR AND ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Perform system backups..
- Works with outside vendors to obtain pricing, proposals on equipment needs, obtains best pricing and submits for approval.
- Monitors mail server, replication and mail routing. Creates user accounts and maintains security levels. Monitors existing messaging infrastructure and server usage, ensuring proper working order.
- Monitors bank’s servers.
- Administer All Windows 2008r2-2016 Servers.
- Maintain/Assist with all bank software programs.
- Responsible for all Server setups and installations
- Responsible for maintaining Server parts and inventory
- Proactive research of IT projects as needed and obtain information for proposals.
- Repair PC hardware and software, printers, fax machines and other computer equipment. (as needed)
- Completes other jobs as assigned by ITD.
This position requires the individual to work independently 80% of the time and receives work direction and assignments from either the VP of IT or Corporate Vice President, also to include CEO. Incumbent mainly follows established policies and procedures in place within this job description for guidance and direction as needed. Incumbent is responsible for using independent judgment regarding work related procedures and when in question, incumbent should consult supervisor.
This position has access to and knowledge of the financial institutions network and computer systems. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
This position has daily contact with staff members regarding the trouble shooting of computer problems. Incumbent must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, pleasant manner, have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Minimum 2-year degree in an Informational Technology related field with one or more courses in current technology. Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- A minimum of 4 years as an Administrator on a medium sized network of servers, desktop systems and communication devices in a multi-domain environment using current technologies.
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting abilities, initiative skills and the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of network and computer systems and programs (LAN, WAN, Internet, software programs and so forth).
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, OR OTHER:
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identity and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled. Will be required to travel to branches within regions, so must have a valid drivers license.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary