PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE:
As a member of the front line staff, the teller will be expected to have adequate banking knowledge to answer basic questions for customers, direct customers to appropriate bank personnel when necessary, and accurately complete banking transactions and balancing procedures.
MAJOR AND ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles customer account transactions which may include verifying incoming cash, accurately dispersing cash, accepting various deposits and payments, and cashing checks.
- Verifying account balances, giving out account information to customer, and printing copies of items and/or statements from customer accounts.
- Selling Cashier’s Checks/Money Orders/Gift Cards to customers as requested.
- Completing cash advance transactions, accepting credit card payments, and exchanging foreign cash.
- Answer phones and/or complete telephone transfers when customer service is not available.
- Various other duties as determined by specific branch. May include, but not limited to: operating coin counter, branch capture, helping with customer service duties, etc.
- Responsible to become knowledgeable about and adhere to all relevant compliance regulations (as it affects your department).
The person in this position receives daily work assignments from the Regional Head Teller. Most duties are completed by following established steps and procedures explained in detail in the Teller Manual. This person will need to be capable of exercising independent decisions when determining whether or not to cash a check, give cash back on deposits, and waiving fees to maintain positive customer relations.