PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE:
Develops and leads an effective retail sales and service strategy for multiple financial service centers. Provides retail sales management assistance to the regional front line staff. Coordinates the overall operations of the regional retail efforts. As a director of the front line teller staff, the Regional Retail Manager will be responsible for regional staffing and will be the main point of contact for teller and retail staff questions / issues.
MAJOR AND ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the effective day-to-day production, operations, profitability and growth of the region’s retail activities; works with retail staff of the region to develop and implement individual sales and service goals and objectives.
- Hiring, training and coaching an effective retail banking team that is focused on expanding customer relationships and exceeding customer service expectations.
- Monitors staff performance and goals; gives ongoing feedback and conducts performance evaluations.
- First line of contact for all retail related questions.
- Manage employees and regional staffing of teller line. Including coaching and counseling, writing reviews and performance plans.
- Follows a disciplined schedule of sales and service management routines (sales and service meetings, one on one coaching).
- Review time cards for accuracy and forwarding to appropriate person and insuring proper staff coverage during employee vacations and sick days.
- Develops business development goals / strategies and corresponding budgets for the region in cooperation with Executive VP Retail Banking. Is accountable for financial and sales results of the region.
- Conducts branch visits / meetings on a frequent basis.
- Manages the relationship with Card Services, Commercial, Business Banking and Mortgage for the region to ensure referral goals are met.
- Meets on a periodic basis with the Executive VP Retail Banking to review business plans and regional goals compared to actual performance.
- Implements and maintains prescribed security controls while managing within the framework of American Bank standards, policies and procedures.
- Actively participates and represents American Bank in various community, civic and professional activities.
- Participate on bank committees as requested.
- Responsible for BSA activity in region (daily tasks assignable).
This position reports to the Executive VP Retail Banking. Incumbent will receive daily work assignments from the Executive VP Retail Banking; however, much of the work is done independently. Most duties are completed by following established steps and procedures explained in detail in the Retail Banking Manuals. This person will need to be capable of exercising independent decisions when determining whether or not to cash a check, give cash back on deposits, and waiving fees to maintain positive customer relations. Incumbent is responsible for organizing and prioritizing daily workload.
This position has daily contact with bank customers and vendors when answering the phone, providing help and gathering information via phone and fax. Daily contact with bank employees gathering information and asking questions via in-person, phone, fax and memo.
College degree preferred or five to seven years of related bank management or retail management experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must possess management and leadership abilities including planning and goal setting along with good organizational and analytical skills. Must have a strong sales and coaching orientation.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, OR OTHER:
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.